“To travel is to live.” Hans Christian Andersen
Are you visiting Cape Town soon? Coming for a holiday? Stopping for a whirlwind trip in the Mother City? Enjoying a quick weekend away in the Cape?
Here are top 10 touristy things you ‘must do’ while visiting this gem of a city; my home and voted as one of the best cities to visit in the World.
Take time and plan your itinerary well and you should be able to fit in all of these great activities in and around Cape Town. I have been living here for 20 years and still love to do these things.
1. The V& A Waterfront of course is a must visit for shops, restaurants and good coffee spots. My favourite thing to do there is a meander through the watershed and then onto the Food market for foodie gifts, great coffee and Belgian waffles.
2. Two Oceans Aquarium– this is next on the list. So informative and fun for all ages. We still go there at least twice a year with the family. And, they have new exciting exhibits.
3. Table Mountain Aerial Cableway– this takes you up the majestic Table Mountain (voted as a seven wonder of the world). So cool! Take a hike up there, enjoy the views and you can also get a meal.
4. Boulders Beach African Penguin Colony– the penguins are really entertaining to watch, and it is well laid out and easily accessible. Have a quick dip in the clear blue sea while you are there.
5. Cape Point Nature Reserve– a lovely scenic drive to get there and once inside you can swim, cycle, hike and picnic.
6. Wine Farms– the closest wine area to Cape Town is the Constantia Valley. Our fave is Constantia Glen for wine tasting, views and chees platters.
7. Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens– so beautifully maintained with the mountain as a stunning backdrop. Picnic or have lunch or tea at the restaurants. Don’t forget to do the Treetop Canopy Walkway.
8. Robben Island– it has great history and is a World Heritage Site. You also get a boat trip out there with great view.
9. City Sightseeing Hop on Hop Off Bus– if you are short on time and want to see a lot, hop on the bus. Live-guided day tours and unique views of the city.
10 .Camps Bay– so pretty and with a strip of restaurants and shops. Go for a swim, bite to eat or sundowners.
Have an extra day available then visit the Company Gardens, hike up Lions Head or head out to the Durbanville Wine Area.
Read more… What I Love About Cape Town
Disclaimer: this post is not sponsored.