“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings…turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings” –William Arthur Ward.
I love thinking about gratitude, what there is to be grateful and counting my blessings. I truly believe it can lift us, inspire us, get us out of heavy emotional places and bring more goodness into our lives.
Gratitude journaling is an opportunity for self-exploration and for me can improve my day, increase self-esteem and reduce stress.
Get into the habit of Gratitude. It is worth it.
These prompts can be of great use to help us uncover the good things in life.
15 Gratitude prompts to consider and write about:
- Your favorite moment of the day
- Your favourite person
- A random act of kindness from another person
- 5 things you are grateful for today
- Your biggest acclompishment
- A favourite hobby
- Something you are grateful for with your work
- Something you accomplished today
- What meals do you most enjoy making or eating?
- What physical characteristics are you most grateful for?
- Name 3 talents or qualities you have that you are grateful for
- Something someone else did to make you happy
- Your pet and what makes him/her special
- 10 things you like about yourself
- 3 things that always put a smile on your face
It is a great reality check to reflect on things to be thankful for; it reminds us to be positive, no matter what obstacles and roadblocks may occur.